- M113 Armored Personnel Carrier (30 minute experience)
Climb into the driver’s seat and take your turn driving the most prolific armored personnel carrier in the world. You will learn how to start the engine and make sure all systems are good to go. After that, learn how to properly operate the “sticks” and take it for a spin around the track with your Tank Safety Officer (TSO) right by your side to make sure trip outside of the wire goes smoothly. Once you have learned to drive and navigate it, then you will pull up to the ridge and fire twenty rounds from the M2HB .50 caliber machinegun. Once done with the heavy machinegun, then shoot 50 rounds (can be split between two shooters) through an M16A1 just like the models used in the ACAV’s during the Vietnam War.
First deployed during the Vietnam War, the M113 is still in US military service. It has been adopted by over fifty countries and served in many conflicts to include the Six Day War, Yom Kippur, the Gulf War and the Iraq War. From the jungles of Vietnam to fighting in the streets with new Iraqi Army, this is another once-in-a-lifetime experience available here at Battlefield Vegas.
The experience includes:
- Briefing on the control and operation of the M113
- Using communication equipment to interact with your TSO
- Drive the personnel carrier on the desert track
- Shoot 20 rounds from a.50 caliber machinegun from the commander’s position
- Shoot 50 rounds dismounted from a M16A1 (can be split between two shooters)
Driver / Passenger Requirements and Restrictions:
- Minimum driver age is 16 years-old
- Minimum driver height is and 5’ / 140cm tall
- Maximum driver weight is 275 lbs / 140 kilograms
- Drivers cannot wear sandals or flip-flops (boots available at no extra cost)
- Passengers must be at least 10 years-old and 4’ 6” / 137cm tall
- Driving license is not required
- Driver and passengers must wear the provided helmet and ear protection
- Individuals suspected of being under the influence or impaired from alcohol, recreational marijuana or other medications will not be allowed to drive or shoot.